Given that there is substantial parental and public approval of uniform, schools in Inverclyde are free to encourage the wearing of school uniform. In encouraging the wearing of uniform account is taken in any proposals to prevent any direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of race or gender. Any proposals will be the subject of widespread consultation with parents and pupils.
Against this background it should be noted that it is the policy of the Education and Lifelong Learning Committee not to insist on pupils wearing uniform or having specialist items of clothing as a prerequisite of their attending and engaging in all of the activities of the curriculum. Many parents do, however, wish their child to wear uniform at Inverkip School and the items are listed below.
• Grey pinafore, skirt or trousers
• White shirt or blouse
• School Tie
• Grey socks or grey tights
• Grey cardigan or pullover
• Grey school sweatshirt worn with red polo shirt
• Red or black rain jacket embroidered with school badge
• PE kit red school polo shirt, red shorts
All available locally